Boards and Feeds
As mentioned in BobaBoard Basics: Boards, Realms are made up of boards that define the broad topics of conversation within the Realm. The sidebar of each Board contains the Board cover image, name, description, categories, and additional relevant information (if any). On desktop, the sidebar is to the left of the screen. On mobile, you can find the Board's sidebar by clicking the navigation symbol in the bottom bar.
Boards update chronologically, moving the most recent activity to the top for easy identification.
There are two ways to access boards:
- from the landing page, click on the board cover
- click the board link in the sidebar menu
To access the sidebar menu, click the hamburger (three horizonal line) menu on the left side of the screen.
The Board Menu
Once you've clicked into a Board, you can find a menu with options for the board, by clicking the triangle in the top right corner of the cover image. This allows you to control the settings for the individual board. Within that menu you can:
- Mute/Unmute - toggle notifications for the Board.
- Muted boards will not show up on the Recent Unreads section of the menu.
- Muting a board does not clear notifications. When you unmute, the notifications will still be present.
- Muted boards also do not show up in your Personal Feed.
- Pin/Unpin - toggle whether the Boards appears in your pinned bar (to the far left of the side bar). You can pin boards so that you make sure you don't miss recent activity between visits or to make them easier to access.
- Dismiss Notifications - Clear notifications of unread items without having to visit them all.
Notifications alert you to updated content in a Board, whether that's a new thread or a comment/contribution to a thread. There are two places you can see notifications and multiple colors of notifications.
Sidebar Menu - the hamburger menu (three horizontal line) receives a notification bubble when there's new activity on any unmuted board. There are two colors of notification dots which can appear:
- Red - there is a new update on a Board since the last time you visited it.
- White - there are unread updates on Boards but they are older than your last visit.
Boards Notification - appear on the corner of cover images for Boards on the landing page and in the sidebar menu. There are two colors of notification dots which can appear:
- Bright - there is a new update on this board since the last time you visited.
- Darker - there are unread updates, but they're older than your last visit.
Feeds allow you to track and follow conversations that you've started or joined without having to go to a specific board. They're similar to a timeline view which you may be familiar with on other websites. Feeds update chronologically, so that the post with the newest activity is moved to the top.
The Personal Feed shows you all threads you've posted, joined, or commented on in the Realm you're in. To access your personal feed, click the inbox tray icon in the pinned bar. To filter your feed, you can click the buttons on the left sidebar to see specific threads. An explanation for the filter combinations is below.
- updated own - all threads you've started in the Realm that have been updated with a new comment or contribution.
- updated everyone - all threads you've started or joined with a comment or contribution in the Realm that have been updated with a new comment or contribution.
- all own - every thread you've ever started in the Realm
- all everyone - every thread you've started or joined with a comment or contribution in the Realm